Doug and Amy's Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Day/Crappy Day

Today, Doug and I were able to take a break from our hectic day and have lunch together. It's nice to be able to get away and kind of go on a little date. I always thought when we had our own family, I would always want to spend all our time together but now I look forward to just getting away for a little time by ourselves. A couple of weeks ago, we sent the children off to the movies. They both wanted to see different movies in the same theater. Alex like action movies and Kristina likes chick flicks. We thought it would be nice to go out and have a quiet early dinner alone. We enjoy going to a little restaurant, "Tin Roof." The price is right and the food is great. Going on a date with my husband is something I really look forward to more and more these days.
But getting back to today, Doug informed me at lunch he had an little situation with Kristina this morning. She always brings us papers from school at the last minute and expects us to sign everything without reading any of it. We have a rule, if we sign a school document, we make a copy of it so we can refer to it later or just to know Alex and Kristina are doing what we agreed to sign.
Doug asked Kristina "What is it that I'm signing?" She went into her room to get another paper from school and threw it at him. Doug read it and said he was going to copy the paper he signed and Kristina started screaming "Do not copy it!" "Do not copy it!" Doug told her he would copy the paper because that is what we need to do and as always, she starts with the crying. She did not want Doug to tell me what happened and Doug told Kristina, he would tell me. We've told her before, we tell each other everything. She began to cry even more and soon it was time to leave for school. Doug told her they needed to leave for school because the traffic would be bad, but she kept crying and would not leave so he opened the garage door and started his truck. Kristina came running out of the house and got into the truck and they left for school. Just as Doug had said, the traffic was horrible and Kristina said "Thank you Papa!" "You made me late!" That's Kristina, blame it on everyone else. Doug reminded her that she would not leave when he asked her to.
Before she got out of the truck, she told Doug that "I will not come home after school!" "Don't look for me!" We've been through this so many times with her. Kristina loves all the attention she can get. Good or bad, she loves attention. When Doug told me what happened I told him not to pick her up from school and to let her walk home, which she did. We live within walking distance from the school.
Upon arriving home she said "Thank you Papa for not picking me up!" Doug told Kristina, "You told me not to." She said, "I said, I wasn't coming home after school, but I never told you not to pick me up." We get that a lot from her.

She's always assuming that I told her friends about her bad habits so none of her friends will talk to her. It's never that they are 12 and 13 year old girls and very moody, so they don't always run and give each other a big hugs when they see each other. I get the, "THANK YOU MAMA! Now none of my friends will talk to me." It's usually one girl that doesn't say "Hi" and she may not have heard Kristina say "Hi" first. By the next day, all is well again with her friends. When does this get better!! Sometimes I blame Alex for not having a brother.

Well the paper that Doug signed said that Kristina had to read each day for 20 minutes and then write 40 words about what she read by the end of the week, she is to turn her paper in to earn points. Kristina, told us the teacher told the class only read 3 times a week not everyday. Her assignment started the last three days of the week (starting Friday). Three days this week, the 27-29 and starting next week, 4 days a week with all the dates listed. She never looked at the back of the paper and told me I was all wrong. When I showed her the back side and what it said, she told me "How am I suppose to know?
Me saying: "By listening."
Her saying: "OK OK." After a quick shower to get rid of the "tissue" which she on calls "itching" she got, "the tissue", from sitting on the grass. She started her homework and we are calling it, an end to another crazy day.

1 comment: